Sunday, July 27, 2008

Renaissance wannabe

The url for this site was suppose to be www.renaissanceguy.blogspot.com, but its not for two reasons. First, I found that calling myself a renaissance guy was presumptive at best, and arrogant at worst. Second, and more importantly, while my ego could learn to cope with the first reason (as evidenced by my attempt to register this blog as www.renaissanceguy.blogspot.com), that particular url was already taken.

Thus in a moment of humility and pragmatism, I took the name Renaissance wannabe. It really is a more appropriate title in that my frugality and my innate desire to "give something a try" has led me to tackle a variety of projects and activities that while at one time resulted in an incredulous response from my wife, has more recently evolved, or de-evolved, to a tone of indifference.

So, now this blog is a window into my life of activities, attempted exploits, and philosophical musings for the not-so-captive audience of the internet. Cheers.

No comments: